Companies Can Now File GSTR Using EVC !
Yes, CBIC has allowed companies to file GST Returns using EVC!
EVC is an Electronic Verification Code under GST. The taxpayer receives this code on his mobile and email whenever he proceeds with the return filing by choosing the EVC option. In other words, it an OTP through which the taxpayer can authorize the return filing.You can File GST Return with EVC like GSTR 1 return with EVC, GSTR 2 Return with EVC, and GSTR 3 return with EVC. The taxpayer can also file GSTR 3B with EVC a monthly summary return. On the other hand, taxpayers can file GST returns with access code by using the EVC option.
Recent updates on EVC Filing
- GSTR 3B and GSTR 1 can be filed through EVC instead of DSC from the period starting from 27th April 2021 To 31st May 2021.
- GSTR 3B can be filed from 21st April 2020 to 30th June 2020 through EVC without the need of signing with DSC. This has reference to Notification no. 38/2020 – Central Tax dt. 5th May 2020.
- The above facility is provided due to COVID 19 situation in the country.
- The Government has also inserted the rule for NIL return filing through a short messaging service (SMS). However, it will announce the implementation date shortly.
- All of the above provisions are applicable for all types of categories of Companies (including Limited Liability Partnerships and PSUs), registered under the Companies Act, 2013.
Click here to check the official notification: Notification No. 07/2021 – Central Tax
QRMP Scheme v/s Monthly GSTR 3B
Critical Mistakes to Look For After GST Registration!
How To Form Limited Liability Partnership ? – It’s Objectives & Advantages