How to Register a Company/Startup in India
In India, company registration is also referred to as incorporation of company or formation of a business. Registering your company makes your business a distinguished entity giving it a legal existence. The company registration process in India is done under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).
If you’re willing to register a startup or a new company in India, then you need to record it in the Indian official records i.e. Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).The registration can be done online that includes Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) Director Identity Number (DIN) and filing for an e-form.
List of documents required before submission of a company for registration:
- Original copy of formal letter issued by ROC regarding availability of Company name
- DIN of all those directors of a proposed company
- DSC – Digital Signature Certificate
- Form-1 for incorporation of a company
- Form-18 for situation or address of the proposed company
- Form-32 for particulars of proposed directors, managers and secretary
Major steps for registering a company/ startup in India:
Step 1: Acquire Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 has provisions for use of digital signatures on the documents submitted in electronic form in order to ensure the security and authenticity of the documents filed electronically. The requisites for application of digital signature includes proposed directors’ full name, father’s name, DOB, address with proof, PAN card copy, identity proof and a photograph.
- However, companies should acquire DSC only from agencies that are anointed by the Controller of Certification Agencies.
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 has provisions for use of digital signatures on the documents submitted in electronic form in order to ensure the security and authenticity of the documents filed electronically.
Step 2: Acquire Director Identification Number (DIN)
- It is a unique 8-digit number that is issued under the Companies Act section 153. The requirements for DIN include full name, father’s name, DOB, identity proof, address, PAN card copy and two photographs of all the directors proposed.
- The application form is available online on the official website of the ministry of corporate affairs (MCA Website) as the DIN-1 Form. All business owners need to register themselves at MCA Website and acquire a login ID. The DIN-1 Form must be dully filled and uploaded after paying the applicable fees.
Step 3: Create an account on MCA portal – New user registration at www.mca.gov.in
- It is important to get registered on the MCA portal. You need to create a user account for filing an eForm, carrying out different transactions and paying the prescribed fees. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs does not charge any fee for creating an account.
Step 4: Incorporate or Apply for the company to be registered
- This includes steps like Filing for Charter Documents like Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA) along with the the proposed company name and acquiring PAN and TAN before proceeding for the registration of the company.
Choose Onlineideation, the No.1 choice of companies, entrepreneurs for reliable quality services!